OBSSR Terms and Conditions of Use
The Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) is using this platform to solicit ideas about revising the definition of behavioral and social sciences research (BSSR).
Acceptable Use Policy
While we welcome a broad range of ideas, ideas submitted that are clearly unrelated to the purpose of the OBSSR definition platform will be removed by moderators. Also, ideas that include the following will be removed:
- Phone numbers, email addresses, information related to health and medical conditions, or other sensitive/personally identifiable information
- Material that would infringe copyrights or other intellectual property
- Vulgar, profane, or abusive language; personal attacks of any kind; inappropriate religious, sexual, political, or racial references
- Threats or incitements to violence
- Information posted in violation of the law, including defamatory material, material condoning or encouraging illegal activity, material revealing classified information, or comments that might affect the outcome of ongoing legal proceedings
- Endorsement of commercial products, services, or entities
- Spam and other direct marketing communications, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any links to such materials
- Endorsement of political parties, candidates, or groups
- Solicitations of funds
- Executable programming of any kind, including viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, Easter eggs, or any other form of computer programming files
- Duplicate posts
You grant to OBSSR and its designees a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid-up, and royalty-free license to use any ideas, expression of ideas including works describing them, or other materials you submit to OBSSR (collectively, "Idea") for research and noncommercial purposes only, including revising the definition of BSSR.
You understand that OBSSR may be working on the same or a similar Idea, that it may already know of such Idea from other sources, that it may simply wish to develop this (or a similar Idea) on its own, or that it may have taken/will take some other action with respect to the Idea. In return for OBSSR's review and consideration of your Idea, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to the terms enumerated below, and further agree that these terms shall apply to any additional material previously or later submitted, until the OBSSR otherwise agrees in writing:
- To the best of your knowledge, you have all necessary rights to disclose the Idea to OBSSR, and OBSSR review and/or use of the Idea will not infringe another's rights.
- You understand that disclosure of your Idea to OBSSR does not establish a confidential relationship or obligate OBSSR to treat the Idea (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- You understand that OBSSR has no obligation, either expressed or implied, to develop or use your idea and that no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Idea, related Ideas, or Ideas derived from your Idea. You understand that OBSSR assumes no obligation with respect to any Idea unless and until OBSSR enters into a written contract with you, and then only as expressed in that contract. For your own protection, we assume that you will rely on whatever patent protection you may want to secure, or have already secured, in your Idea. In the case that OBSSR might want to use your Idea commercially, it may seek a negotiated commercial license from you.
This request for comments is for information and planning purposes only and shall not be construed as a solicitation, grant, or cooperative agreement, or as an obligation on the part of the Federal Government, the NIH, or individual NIH Institutes and Centers to provide support for any ideas identified in response to it. The Government will not pay for the preparation of any information submitted or for the Government's use of such information. No basis for claims against the U.S. Government shall arise as a result of a response to this request for information or from the Government's use of such information.
A Few Ground Rules
Please make sure that your comments do not:
- Contain vulgar or abusive language or personal attacks of any kind
- Promote services or products
- Endorse political parties, candidates, or groups
- Solicit donations or funds
- Infringe on copyright and intellectual property
- Contain procurement-sensitive information related to any current or future OBSSR acquisitions
This platform is not part of a solicitation for grant proposals. Please do not submit a grant proposal using this platform. The comments submitted reflect views and opinions of the author or submitter and do not reflect the official views of the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research, the National Institutes of Health, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or the federal government.
Remember that your posts are public. When posting, please do not include information such as phone numbers, email addresses, or social security numbers in the text of your comments.